This statement applies to the official website of the Malta Food Agency (foodagency.mt) and was last updated on 28/08/2023.
The MFA is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. We are continually improving the user experience for everyone, and applying the relevant accessibility standards.
Measures to support accessibility
The MFA takes the following measures throughout the organisation to ensure accessibility of its website:
- Includes accessibility through its internal policies.
- Has an accessibility officer.
- Assigns clear accessibility targets and responsibilities.
- Employs formal accessibility assurance methods
The MFA website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level xxxx which maps to EN 301 549 as per the European Web Accessibility Directive. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not yet fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The MFA website is designed to be compatible with the following web browsers:
- Internet Explorer 11
- Firefox Version 80 or later
- Chrome Version 82 or later
Technical specifications and accessibility measures used
Accessibility of the MFA website relies on HTML technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer.
This technology is relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
The MFA website implements the following accessibility features:
- Maintain a consistent HTML Heading hierarchy and information layout across different web pages.
- Add image title, alt tag and caption wherever this information is relevant and useful.
- Maximise colour contrast for text where applicable.
- Actual link text is descriptive enough to inform user where the link points to.
- Implement all external links so that they open into new browser tabs.
- Implement captioning in as much multimedia content as possible.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of our website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on:
- Phone: +356 xxxxx
- E-mail: xxxxxx
- Postal address: xxxx
We aim to respond to feedback within 5 business days.
Limitations and alternatives
The following limitations are observed at present:
- PDF documents may lack the proper formatting for use by accessibility technologies
- Some buttons and links do not have a text alternative due to limitations in the CMS used.
The MCA has implemented a continuous improvement programme to rectify the above however despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of the MCA website, there may be some limitations which may have gone unnoticed or are planned to be made accessible soon. Please contact us if you observe any such issue in our website.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This accessibility statement is approved by xxxxx, CEO of the MFA.
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 5 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days. You are entitled to escalate a complaint to the Malta Communications Authority at https://www.mca.org.mt/accessibilitycomplaint or to the Commission for the Rights for Persons with Disability (CRPD), should you be dissatisfied with our response to you. In the case of continued non-compliance the Malta Communications Authority adopts the enforcement procedure as per SUBSIDIARY LEGISLATION 418.03 .